Last updated on March 17, 2017
If you want to grab a bite to eat, sit for cup of coffee, and “treat yourself” with a little shopping, the Mosaic District is absolutely the perfect place to go.
I have spent many many hours here with both friends and family. This place is like a little hub and I am beyond in love with this place~ enough to want to move into the Modera Mosaic Apartments or the Avalon Mosaic after I finish college. I can see myself waking up in a modern style apartment, getting in a morning workout, then heading down to grab some Thai food with a friend then talking over coffee at Mom & Pop. Also, Target trips would be so much easier since it’s just a block away from the apartment.
Here’s my insight on my favorite restaurants, coffee shops, and shops (with links).
- True Food Kitchen: If you’re craving clean healthy food but still want a sit down restaurant, this is the place. It also has a bar if you’re into it. Their pizzas are really good, and any drink with ginger is perfection.
- Matchbox: Pizza. They’re pizza is amazing. All I have got to say.
- CAVA: It’s like healthy Chipotle. It has a modern take on greek food. Cava runs have replaced my Chipotle runs when I’m home.
- Sisters Thai: Cute does not even begin to explain what I think of this restaurant’s decor. Not only do they have amazing thai food, their decor is on point. It’s like a mix between “cute cafe where you’d meet “the one”” mixed with hipster chic?
- Nando’s: It’s Nando’s Peri Peri chicken, what else do I have to say?
- Dolcezza: Marble table tops and cute coffee mugs, Instagram worthy. I recommend their Vanilla Bean latte, Chai Tea latte, and Iced Chai Tea Latte. Their gelatos are also very popular.
- Mom & Pop: Click on the link and just go look at this coffee shop. This is the cutest little coffee shop ever. They have outdoor seating, and the store is basically all windows, their drinks are perfect. Just perfect.
Shops that I like to go to:
- Lou Lou
- Paper Source
- They also have: Kendra Scott, Madewell, Alex and Ani, Custom Ink… http://mosaicdistrict.com/shop/
By far, one of my favorite places to go when I’m home from college. If you’re ever in the Northern Virginia region, I highly recommend this spot for a date night, girls day, lunch with family… They also have the Angelika for movies… I ca go on for forever about the Mosaic District. Hope you visit one day!
Thanks for reading!